Every kid at some point or another will experience anxiety, whether it continues or subsides, whether it is anxiety over something big or small also depends on the child.
Some kids don’t worry much about anything, appear carefree with the exception of one thing every once in awhile, others are constantly worried and occupied by fears and challenging thoughts.
So, when necessary, how do you calm down a worried child?
- Help them create a happy place
- Talk to them openly about their worries
- Let them know their feelings will subside
- Ask them what they need from you
- Have them go with you for a walk
For the full article on Psych Central click HERE