Going to college is an exciting time. However, teens also often feel stress, anxiety, loneliness, and homsickness when leaving home to go to their new school. The college experience offers the potential for tremendous personal growth. So to ease those initial feelings of stress and start enjoying college, take these tips into consideration.
- Familiarize yourself with the campus before classes start.
- Connect with a mental health professional before school starts.
- Get involved by joining a club or sport to meet people with similar interests.
- Plan a visit home before you go off to school
- Stay in touch with your current support system while off at school
Click HERE for the full article on Psychiatry.