- This event has passed.
Webinar: Differentiation of Self: A Look at Intervention & Application
March 11 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am PST35USD
This webinar will look beyond the definition and theory of Bowen’s differentiation, to give clinicians real-world application and skills. Differentiation refers to the struggle every individual faces in striving to develop autonomous thoughts and feelings apart from their family, relationships, and societal influences.
We will explore how differentiation influences the family’s overall well-being and interaction styles. Clinicians and professionals will be able to identify levels of differentiation in a family as they present in-session, and to promote individuals’ differentiation within the system in order to improve connection and minimize struggles. This program will provide an overview of current research findings and knowledge to inform application and practice.
Friday, March 11, 2022, 9:30 am – 10:30 am PST
Who should attend:
LPCCs, LCSWs, LMFTs, LEPs, and other professionals that work in the mental health field
- Increase understanding of differentiation as it pertains to intrapersonal and interpersonal functioning within the family
- Implement evidence-based interventions to increase differentiation while maintaining connection within families
- Gain understanding of how differentiation affects families
- Identify 3 ways to identify levels of differentiation
- Describe 3 ways a therapist can promote differentiation among individuals in a family
- Explain 2 benefits of increasing differentiation
Cost: $35.00 per person (pay with credit card or PayPal upon registration)
CEUs: 1 CEU is available for this webcast.