Depression can be substantially reduced with therapy and medication. However, there are many things you can do on your own to help ward off depression. Here are eight natural depression treatments to help you feel better.
- Get a routine – Having a daily schedule can help to keep you on track.
- Set goals – Start with small daily goals that you can accomplish, such as doing the laundry.
- Exercise regularly – Go for a walk, hike, or run. When you exercise, your body releases endorphins which improve your mood.
- Eat a well-balanced diet – Certain foods are said to ease depression.
- Get a healthy amount of sleep – Not getting enough sleep can worsen your depression.
- Take on responsibilities – Depression can cause people to isolate themselves and not get things done. Stay involved by giving yourself responsibilities.
- Challenge your negative thoughts – Depression can cause negative and even suicidal thoughts. Make a conscious effort to manage your thoughts.
- Do something new – People experiencing depression often lose interest in hobbies which they once enjoyed. Challenge yourself to fight depression be engaging in a new activity.
Click HERE for the full article and more depression help on Web MD.