Preparing for a presentation, interviewing for a job, or taking an exam at school are all things that could cause teens to experience anxiety. This is completely normal. However, if a teen’s anxiety is consistent and interfering with daily life, they might be dealing with generalized anxiety disorder. Here are a few steps that teens with generalized anxiety disorder can take to help manage their anxiety.
- Slow your pace – Walking, talking, driving, and even responding to text messages can be done slower to help with anxiety.
- Take short breaks – Take a 15 minute break from your day to just sit or lie down and take some deep breaths.
- Spend some time outside – Getting out into nature can be calming. In addition, a little sun can feel nice.
- Listen to music – Find some music that is soothing to you and put on your headphones for a while.
- Phone a friend – Call up a friend and have a nice conversation or even grab some lunch with your friend.
Click HERE for the full article on Huffington Post.