It’s not a secret that adolescence is a challenging time. Adolescents often experience numerous interpersonal conflicts, issues with self-esteem, bodily and hormonal changes, all while still trying to navigate new life experiences. Teens and young adults that also struggle with mental health disorders can understandably start feeling overwhelmed.
These struggles may interfere with their ability to function optimally in different areas of their life such as school, personal relationships, and extracurricular activities. At Paradigm Treatment, we understand these challenges and have created a supportive residential mental health treatment for teens and young adults ages 12-26 for the past 12 years.
Paradigm Treatment provides customized care with a diverse range of therapies that cater to each individual’s unique needs. Our residential program follows a complete continuum-of-care approach, which includes evidence-based clinical therapies and a comprehensive range of integrative and holistic programs. In our safe and supportive environment, teens and young adults can uncover and explore their thoughts and emotions, acquire new coping mechanisms, and build lasting healthy behaviors by accessing a variety of interventions and treatment options.
At Paradigm Treatment, our medical and clinical teams are highly experienced in identifying and addressing the underlying causes of individuals’ struggles in today’s stressful world. Our collaborative approach involves working closely with youth and their families to provide treatment for a range of conditions such as anxiety, depression, grief, trauma, mood and personality disorders, and co-occurring behavioral health conditions. With the use of evidence-based methods, our clinical team develops personalized treatments to address each client’s unique needs.
Therapy and Programs Available for Our Residents
Here is a list of the types of therapy and experiential programs offered at Paradigm Treatment, along with a brief explanation of each:
- Individual Therapy: Provided on a one-on-one basis with a therapist, this therapy is an opportunity for clients to explore their thoughts and feelings, addressing their individual needs and concerns.
- Group Therapy: Clients work with a mental health professional and other participants in a therapeutic environment that fosters a sense of community and support.
- Family Therapy: This therapy involves the resident and their families in a structured way that encourages building healthy relationships, increasing communication, and strengthening family bonds.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): A therapy that involves teaching clients to reframe negative thoughts and behaviors into more positive ones, leading to better emotional regulation and greater peace of mind.
- Interpersonal Therapy: Helps clients to learn communication skills that can assist in building better and healthier relationships with family members, peers, and others.
- Psycho-educational Groups: These groups offer clients an opportunity to learn about mental health, improving self-awareness, and reducing the stigma surrounding mental health disorders.
- Art Therapy: A creative form of therapy that helps clients process feelings and emotions through visual arts techniques.
- Animal-Assisted Therapy: A form of therapy that involves the use of animals, such as horses or dogs, to help promote social, emotional, and mental well-being.
- Movement Therapies: These holistic therapies encourage clients to engage in movement, such as dance or yoga, as a means of improving overall mental health and emotional regulation.
- Mindfulness CBT: A therapeutic approach that combines traditional CBT techniques, such as cognitive restructuring, with mindfulness techniques such as breathing exercises, meditation, and visualization exercises.
Each of these types of therapy and experiential programs is carefully designed, implemented, and monitored to ensure they meet the unique needs of each teen or young adult. At Paradigm Treatment, our team of mental health professionals will work with clients and their families to determine the most appropriate therapies and interventions to help them overcome their current struggles.
Our goal is to bring about an improvement in the teen’s or young adults’ overall functioning and ability to thrive, not just during treatment, but after treatment as well.
There are several benefits to a residential treatment center that is specifically designed for teens and young adults, including:
- A safe and supportive environment: Residential treatment centers provide a safe and supportive environment for teens and young adults to undergo treatment. These centers offer round-the-clock supervision and support from experienced mental health professionals, which can help individuals feel secure and comforted as they work through their mental health challenges.
- Intensive, structured care: Residential treatment centers offer intensive, structured care that is tailored to each individual’s unique needs. This level of care can be especially beneficial for teens and young adults who need more intensive support to manage their mental health and attain improved health and happiness.
- Comprehensive care: Residential treatment centers offer a comprehensive approach to mental health care that is designed to promote long-term recovery. This approach includes a wide range of evidence-based therapies and treatment modalities, including traditional talk therapies, experiential programs, and holistic treatments.
- Academic Support: For teens and young adults who have had to put their academic aspirations on hold due to mental health concerns, residential treatment centers offer academic support. This support not only prepares clients academically but also improves their readiness to reintegrate successfully into academic environments.
- Peer Support: Residential treatment centers offer the opportunity for teens and young adults to connect with peers who are going through similar challenges which can be helpful in fostering a sense of community and building a support network that can be useful in their recovery journey.
- Continued Support: Residential treatment centers offer a continuum of care beyond the residential period with weekly aftercare sessions, support groups, and teletherapy sessions to ensure success and positive long-term outcomes.
Our residential program provides a full continuum-of-care approach. These programs are designed to provide clients with a safe and supportive environment to explore their thoughts and feelings, learn new coping mechanisms, and practice healthy behaviors that become habits.
Our residential treatment center is specifically designed for teens and young adults by giving them the structure and resources necessary. All of our programs are tailored to the unique needs of this age group. We provide teens and young adults with the opportunity to address their mental health challenges in a comprehensive and holistic manner, in a way that enhances the likelihood of long-term recovery, lasting growth, and prosperity.
We realize that everyone’s struggles, issues, and circumstances are unique, and mental health disorders can affect anyone regardless of age, gender, or race. However, Paradigm Treatment is ideally suited for individuals who are facing unique challenges with their emotional, behavioral, and mental health. Our program is suitable for teenagers and young adults between the ages of 12 and 26 who require intensive, structured care in a safe and supportive facility.
During treatment, our clients are provided with individualized care, incorporating the most effective evidence-based treatment methodologies. Our clinical team and therapists are trained and experienced in providing tailor-made care that addresses the specific symptoms and needs of each client. Our goal is to offer a comprehensive approach to care, where we not only help our clients through the existing challenges but also develop the necessary social, emotional, and cognitive skills they need to succeed long after treatment.
How Do I Know if My Child Needs a Residential Treatment Program?
It can be difficult for parents to identify when their teen or young adult requires residential treatment for mental health. However, there are some signs to watch out for that may indicate the need for more intensive care, including:
- A decline in academic or work performance: If your teen or young adult’s grades or performance at work have suddenly dropped without any clear reason, it could be a sign of an underlying mental health issue.
- Social or behavioral changes: If your teen or young adult is suddenly staying away from friends, isolating themselves, or engaging in risky behavior, this could be indicative of mental health struggles.
- Verbal or physical outbursts: If a teen or young adult is experiencing emotional turmoil, they may act out verbally or physically. While this doesn’t necessarily mean they need residential treatment, it may indicate they need mental health support.
- Substance abuse: Substance abuse often co-occurs with mental health disorders. If your teen or young adult is using drugs or alcohol, it may be a sign they need to address their mental health as well.
- Lack of engagement in self-care: When individuals struggle with their mental health, they may lose interest in taking care of themselves, leading to changes in their hygiene, eating habits, or sleeping patterns.
If any of these signs are present for an extended period, it may be time to consider seeking professional help. Consulting a mental health professional or doctor can help evaluate if residential treatment is necessary. Paradigm Treatment offers free and confidential consultations to parents to help identify whether a residential treatment program for their teen or young adult is necessary.
Paradigm Helps Prepare Students for the Next Steps in Life
Our residential treatment center helps young individuals develop the necessary skills to manage their mental health and encourages them to set goals. This includes developing coping mechanisms, problem-solving skills, stress management techniques, and emotional regulation to navigate future situations and stressors that they may encounter. In terms of goal setting, which is crucial for the future, this may include a focus on education, employment, and independent living skills.
For teens and young adults who have struggled in their academic performance due to mental health challenges, Paradigm Treatment provides individualized coaching to help them catch up to their peers and support them to maintain focus on their academic aspirations. Young individuals also prepare for the workforce, identify career objectives, and acquire the necessary skills to meet those objectives. Services offered at Paradigm Treatment provide our clients with guidance on how to write resumes, evaluate job opportunities, prepare for employment interviews, and develop internships/apprenticeships.
At Paradigm Treatment, we aim to identify each young person’s unique strengths and develop strategies to help them thrive in every aspect of their life, providing them the best chance to overcome their challenges and optimize their future. One of our core philosophies is that every individual has their own unique way of learning and growing.
Moreover, our program doesn’t end after discharge. Our mental health continuum-of-care model ensures that our clients receive the ongoing support they need to succeed even after treatment.
Contact Paradigm To Learn More About Our Residential Treatment Center for Teens
Paradigm Treatment offers long-term, intensive residential treatment for teens and young adults struggling with mental health disorders and co-occurring behavioral health issues. Our program is designed to help support and empower all who seek it, by providing tailored therapies and experiential programs in a supportive environment. Clients will benefit from a well-rounded and comprehensive continuum-of-care model, which includes clinical, academic, and experiential programs while being coached and mentored by an experienced team of mental health professionals.
If you or a loved one would like more information on our program or believe that they could benefit from our services, please call us to learn more.