For a lot of teenagers, going off to college is the first time that they live without their parents. That fact, along with being in a new place with new people, can be a little intimidating at first. However, keeping the following list of things with you as you venture off to college will help you maintain your mental health during this transitional period.
- Your ability top bounce back when you experience setbacks
- Your connection with your support system back home
- Your open-minded belief that anything is possible
- Your lack of prejudice towards mental illness
- Your willingness to share your story